African Young Leaders for Global Health (AYLGH) is a youth-led nonprofit organization registered in Nigeria with a board of trustee members from various parts of Africa. They are leveraging the power of youth across Africa to Strengthen Health Systems in the African Continent. They aim to achieve this through building the capacity of young people passionate about global health, translating research evidence to effective policy advocacy for the attainment of Universal Health Coverage within the African Continent, and health promotion through community outreach projects. The organization is seeking youths who are passionate about global health in their country.
- Anyone between 18 and 35 years of age regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or national origin are encouraged to apply.
- Must be resident in the African country where they are applying to be coordinators.
- Basic knowledge and passion for global health with experience in advocacy, preferably universal health coverage advocacy.
- Dedicated to bringing about change in their community.
As a country coordinator, you have the following benefits to;
- Mobilize youths in your country to advocate for Universal health coverage and collaborate on various global health capacity building and mentoring projects in your country.
- Access to training and global health mentorship opportunities.
- A great opportunity to enhance your resume as a leader in global health.
- Receive letters of recommendation will upon request.
The application deadline is October 30.