One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to promote education, advocacy, and solutions to correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the belief that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions. Therefore, in implementing our various activities through social impact and health programs, media projects, advocacy, and research, the core values of “One Health” is consistently integrated to achieve sustainable results in health promotion and sustainable development
We are seeking a Research Intern that would support our research activities and documentation, while building knowledge and capacity in scientific and policy research for development. S/He must be willing to commit to an internship period of 6 months and must be able to work virtually when needed.
Job duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct desk reviews for our various ongoing research projects, reports and policy documents.
- Assist in designing situational analysis research, project baseline and endline surveys and other project research.
- Provide support in data analysis.
- Write and develop reports as needed
- Must be a current graduate student (PhD or MSc) with core interest, knowledge and experience in One Health/Public Health research
- Must have excellent writing skills
- Must be proficient in the use of data analysis tools and have good knowledge of research methods and processes (You will required to demonstrate this if shortlisted for interview)
- Preferable based in Abuja, Nigeria but applicants are welcome from other parts of the country as long as they are able to work effectively virtually
- Monthly stipends based on organizational internship rates.
- Opportunity for contribution to potential technical and scientific report publications
How to Apply
Send your CV/Resume to email@example.com on/before 15th January 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.