The World Organization for Animal Health (WOAH) places high value on a multicultural and positive
work environment, It is also an equal opportunity employer which welcomes applications of all qualified candidates, irrespective of their ethnic origin, gender, opinions, or beliefs.
The Head of the World Animal Health Information and Analysis Department (WAHIAD) contributes to
the leadership brought by the organization to the transparency of the animal health situation
worldwide. He/she would also ensure the performance of WAHIAD activities, verification and
dissemination of animal health information through the World Animal Health Information System
The Head of Department is expected to carry out certain missions and activities to guide the work of the Department, these includes the following;
- Define the Department’s roadmap in alignment with organisational goals.
- Manage relationships with and coordinate/interact with a range of resources partners, WOAH’s
- Represent the Organization at international epidemiological conferences and technical
- He/She would as well provide leadership and management of the World Animal Health
Information and Analysis Department team such as Fostering a positive and productive work
environment through the provision of constructive feedback, Managing, improving and, where
necessary, identifying and formalising the different procedures of the Department, etc.
- Participate in ensuring the management and delivery of the team’s missions such as:
Representing the Organization in different fora and participate in different projects to improve
the WOAH early detection (e.g EIOS, One Health Hub, etc). As well as following up to the
development of WAHIS, Ensure the updating and publication of early warning notification
procedures (external and internal), and many more.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following are required to be qualified for this opportunity;
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 10 years professional work experience with national Veterinary Services.
- A minimum of 8 years of management experience, as well as significant experience in an
- Technical skills such as knowledge of disease surveillance, prevention and control, Project
management skills, including solving problems and decision-making skills, Good IT literacy, etc.
- Interpersonal skills such as possessing an excellent leadership skills and the capacity to motivate team members, demonstrated initiative, attention to detail and capacity for global overview and ability to manage sensitive information.
- An additional skill or asset is proficiency in a second WOAH official language (Spanish and/or
Application deadline is July 9, 2022.