One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the evidence that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
Key work function: The organization is seeking to hire a well-rounded Country Manager who would be responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and implementation of the strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties would include fundraising, community outreach, policy advocacy, program, research and finance management, and stakeholder management. This core management position reports directly to the Board of Directors – including the Board of Advisors (BOA) and Board of Trustees (BOT)
If you are happy with the abovementioned, please, see below for the job’s corresponding requirements and a more elaborate overview of what is expected.
1) Board Governance: Works with the BOT and BOA to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading OHDI in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s vision and mission as defined by the Founder, BOA and BOE
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support OHDI’s vision and mission
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of OHDI, to the Board and funders including submission of annual budgets, financial statements, and reports which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization
- Oversees the finance staff in fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position
3) Organization’s Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of OHDI’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that OHDI can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future and stay relevant
- Responsible for the enhancement of OHDI’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professionals, civic and private organizations
4) Organization’s Administration and Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
- Responsible for the effective administration of OHDI operations
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization
Other Job Responsibilities include;
- Supervise, and collaborate with organization staff to achieve organizational goals
- Serve as OHDI’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance OHDI’s Mission.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
- Establishing or reviewing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the non-profit.
- Review and approve contracts for services towards projects and sundry.
- Sees to it that all projects embarked on by OHDI are driven to achieve remarkable successes.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Professional Qualifications and other requirements
- At least a graduate degree in animal, medical, health, or biological sciences (including in-depth knowledge and experience in the One Health concept and values).
- Transparent, honest, and high-integrity leadership is MANDATORY.
- At least, 5 years of experience in non-profit, program, research, and/or team management.
- High-level strategic thinking and planning, with the ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future and activities to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers, and the overall community
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results, including active grant-raising and writing experience, donor relations skills, and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies, and volunteers
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and management, task facilitation
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making, and reporting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong public speaking ability
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy, commitment, and a proactive disposition
- Ability to lead a team in a hybrid work style – both remote and in-person staff engagement
- High proficiency in the use of a range of work tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and other productivity tools such as Slack or Asana.
- Must be resident in Nigeria
- Salary and associated benefits
- Health insurance
- Stipulated annual leave based on OHDI’s policy, with full observance of all public holidays declared by the Federal Government of Nigeria
Benefits of working at OHDI
- By working with OHDI, you have the opportunity to work with an organization that aligns fully with One Health values, where you can contribute expeditiously to improved One Health outcomes while also building capacity and practical skills on One Health implementation.
- You will join and network with other like-minded local and global One Health professionals and advocates thereby joining the local and global engagements, conversations, and actions in the space.
- Through OHDI, you can further advance your career in an organization that aligns with operationalizing One Health for sustainable health and development.
Submit Applications: To apply, complete this online form on or before 31st October 2022. Note that applications will be received and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the above-mentioned deadline, therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent tests and interviews.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!