UN Women seeks a Consultant on Capacity strengthening of Women Agribusiness Associations and Cooperatives engaged in the Shea-butter value-chain in Niger State, Nigeria. UN Women Nigeria is implementing a two-year pilot project on Promoting Women’s Economic Empowerment through Climate-Resilient Agribusiness in Nigeria. The project aims to close the gender gap in ownership and control of productive agricultural resources including land, and to enhance productivity, access to services and markets for smallholder rural women farmers and entrepreneurs engaged in the rice and shea value chains in Niger and Ebonyi state respectively. As part of the pilot project, the international consultant will strengthen the capacity of selected women agribusiness associations and cooperatives in Niger State on improved shea butter processing to meet international quality standards, and enhance their market competitiveness and access.
Education and certification
HND, or B Sc., or Master’s degree or equivalent in the field of manufacturing, business development, entrepreneurship, agricultural economics, gender or related fields
- Excellent knowledge of gender, and experience in capacity building of women agribusiness associations and cooperatives
- At least 8 years of proven experience in conducting training in value-added processing, and organizational governance and management
- Knowledge of the shea-butter value chain in West Africa
- Experience in developing training materials
- Strong communication skills. Business intelligence and documentation expertise and experiences
- Experience of working with communities, government institutions NGOS and international organizations
- Good facilitation skills
- Experienced in delivering training courses to women with limited formal education
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required
- Ability to speak Hausa language is an asset.
For more information on the job responsibilities and expectations of applicants, view the Vacancy Advertisement.
To apply for the job, complete the online application before the deadline on May 29, 2020.