The Annual Ocean Awareness Contest now in its 10th Edition is a platform for young people to learn about environmental issues through art-making and creative communication, explore their relationship to a changing world, and become advocates for positive change. The theme Ocean Awareness Contest 2021 is WATER RISING and this challenges students to explore and understand their connection to water and to creatively communicate the need to protect this vital resource.
Students aged 11 to 18 from around the world are invited to participate in the Ocean Awareness Contest. Submissions are accepted in Visual arts, Creative Writing, Film, Interactive & Multimedia, Performing Arts: Music & Dance, and Poetry & Spoken Word
- Gain knowledge about water’s importance to all life on Earth through Bow Seat’s Resource Studio
- Grow skills in communication, critical thinking, creativity, and environmental advocacy through your artwork
- Showcase your talents worldwide through art exhibitions, publications, social media campaigns, and scholarships.
- Join Bow Seat’s global community of 18,000+ young people who care about the ocean, environmental justice, and climate action.
- Be eligible for special opportunities, like the Future Blue Youth Council, a diverse group of young people working together to advance Bow Seat’s mission and to empower fellow peers to advocate for the environment.
- Earn cash awards of up to $1,500!
The Application deadline is June 14, 2021