The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA), an international nonprofit organization seeks a laboratory manager who will be responsible for the ALIMA/INSERM’s VHF laboratory at Federal Medical Center (FMC) Owo, Nigeria in collaboration with the VHF lab head. The successful candidate will be in charge of the Lassa RT-qPCR and standard biological analysis as well as the routine activities of the laboratory. He/She will participate in setting up new instruments and in the writing or modification of new standard operative procedures if necessary. She/He will also ensure the good follow-up of the laboratory needs and will be responsible for a biobank of Lassa fever samples.
- At least a Master’s degree in molecular biology with a qualification in microbiology (virology, bacteriology, parasitology, or mycology). Alternatively, several years of experience working in high containment laboratories (BSL-3 or BSL-4).
- Strong knowledge of PCR and PCR-related techniques and blood processing is necessary. Working experiences in Ebola or Lassa Fever outbreak or other viral hemorrhagic fevers will be appreciated.
- Desirable working experience with International medical NGOs in developing countries.
- English Speaking, reading, and writing, mandatory. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Negotiation, strong interpersonal skills, and teamwork spirit.
- Capacity to work under pressure and to adapt to unexpected situations.
The application deadline is 28th October 2020. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply