One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the evidence that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
Key Work Function: OHDI seeks a Program Lead for the Zoonoses focus area who will provide technical support and supervision of all zoonoses and public health-related projects, research, fundraising, and stakeholder management. The Program Lead will initiate, fundraise, implement and manage activities in the program area while adhering to all OHDI’s operational policies, systems, and procedures.
The Program Lead will:
- Lead the zoonoses program team in the initiation, planning, and implementation of projects and research activities
- Contribute to the fundraising of projects through grant writing, including the development of proposals, concept notes, and budgets
- Ensure team compliance with OHDI’s financial and operational standards and policies while managing and implementing projects
- Ensure effective and productive building and strengthening of relationships with stakeholders including community members, government staff, researchers, and funders.
- Support the Head of Programs and OHDI Leadership in managing the Zoonoses team efficiently.
- Discharge all other related and relevant duties as assigned.
- At least a first degree in Veterinary Medicine, Animal Science, Human Medicine, and any other health or agricultural science. A related masters degree would be an advantage
- MUST have at least 2 years of experience actively managing zoonoses or other related public health projects in a nonprofit organization, government, or research setting
- MUST be comfortable working in a hybrid setting, have constant access to the internet, and be proficient in the use of G-suite and Microsoft office products
- Ability to lead a team effectively and efficiently
- Applicants should be willing to travel where necessary to engage stakeholders, implement activities and represent OHDI at relevant events
- Applicants should have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- A strong sense of ethics, honesty, and diligence with the ability to pay attention to details is mandatory
- Good organizational skills and the ability to keep absolute confidentiality are required
- Should be preferably resident in Ibadan or any major southwestern city in Oyo or Ogun State Nigeria
- Salary and associated benefits
- Health insurance
- Stipulated annual leave based on OHDI’s policy, with full observance of all public holidays declared by the Federal Government of Nigeria
Benefits of working at OHDI
- You will be joining other One Health professionals and advocates in combating zoonoses and other One Health threats in Nigeria, thereby joining the local and global engagements, conversations, and actions in the space.
- Through OHDI, you can grow your career in an organization that aligns with operationalizing One Health for sustainable health and development.
Submit Applications: To apply, complete this online form on or before 27th August 2022. Note that applications will be received and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the above-mentioned deadline, therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent tests and interviews.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!