One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the evidence that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems – thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
Key Work Function: OHDI seeks Social Media Interns who will be involved in utilizing the organization’s social media platforms to promote One Health information, education, advocacy messages, and opportunities. Social media interns would manage platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and a Facebook group and improve their capacity in engaging the public in One Health education and promotion. This is a remote unpaid internship and applications are welcome from anywhere in the world. We are seeking between 3 to 6 Interns who will be engaged in this part-time internship over a period of 3 to 6 months.
The Social Media Interns will:
- Manage social media platform(s) with effective content development, content management, and stakeholder management.
- Research, curate and share One Health messages, news, updates, and opportunities.
- Support the development of technical One Health reports and spotlights.
- Contribute to the development and publication of newsletters
- Host social media events such as Facebook and Instagram Lives, Twitter chats, and others
- Must have an educational background in any medical, health, life, or agricultural science course
- Must be passionate and interested in the One Health movement, and promotion, and be looking to grow a career in this field. High-impact One Health students and/or early-career advocates are particularly encouraged to apply
- Must be comfortable working in a remote setting and have constant access to the internet
- Applicants should have good written and spoken communication skills in English and/or French language
- A strong sense of ethics, honesty, and diligence with the ability to pay attention to details is mandatory
- Applicants with skills in graphic design, photo editing, video editing, and other media or digital tools are STRONGLY encouraged to apply
Benefits of Interning at OHDI
- By working with OHDI, you have the opportunity to work with an organization that aligns fully with One Health values, where you can learn expeditiously about One Health topics and implementation, and build capacity and practical skills on One Health operationalization.
- You will join and network with other like-minded One Health professionals and advocates thereby joining the local and global engagements, conversations, and actions in the space.
- You will receive a Certificate of Internship after completion.
Submit Applications: To apply, complete this online form on or before 10th October 2022. Please note that applications will be received and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the above-mentioned deadline, therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications!