The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) is an intergovernmental organisation recognised by the World Trade Organization as the reference Organisation for intergovernmental standards concerning the sanitary safety of international trade of animals and products of animal origin and zoonoses, and is in charge of improving animal health, veterinary public health and animal welfare worldwide, as well as transparency of the global animal disease situation.
The recent upsurge in the spread of African swine fever (ASF) throughout several regions of the world poses a direct threat to the majority of pig populations worldwide. Clear and transparent communication is essential to ensure that all the actors fully understand their roles and responsibilities in the implementation of the measures required to stop the spread of the disease
The ASF Communications Officer optimizes awareness of the OIE and understanding of its mandate by ensuring
communication around its activities regarding this disease. He/she is responsible for developing, implementing, and
monitoring communication strategies to promote the OIE’s activities, in line with the organizational strategy on ASF.
He/she is in charge of producing or coordinating the production of communication tools aligned with target groups
and raising awareness of both the general public and professionals
- Develop a communication strategy for the 2nd phase of the ASF awareness campaign
- Develop and implement a dissemination strategy for the ASF awareness campaign (1st and 2nd phases)
- Oversee the development of material by external providers
- Design and implement communication actions for the institutional activities on ASF
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in human or animal health communications or in the management of projects in the field of communications
- Postgraduate diploma in communications, human or animal health
- Experience in public health and/or veterinary public health
- High level of computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of a third OIE official language (Spanish or French) would be an asset
Remuneration – 2080 Euros Net/month + benefits (salary exempt of French income tax, annual bonus).
The application deadline is November 2, 2020