The African Union Inter-African Bureau for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR), a specialized technical office of the Department of Rural Economy and Agriculture (DREA) of the African Union Commission (AUC) mandated to support and coordinate the utilization of livestock, fisheries, aquaculture, and wildlife as resources for both human wellbeing and economic development in the Member States of the African Union.
The organizations seek to recruit a consultant or a team of consultants, with diverse expertise in issues that are critical to Animal Welfare, to develop an implementation plan for the Animal Welfare Strategy for Africa. The broad objectives of this assignment are as follows:
- To develop a five-year implementation plan based on the Animal Welfare Strategy for Africa. The implementation plan that would integrally provide a roadmap for addressing the relevant Animal Welfare issues in Africa will include activities, implementation timelines, intended outputs, performance indicators, and actors.
- To prepare a results framework that will be used to track and report on progress on the implementation of the Animal Welfare Strategy for Africa.
The consultant(s) will possess an advanced degree in Animal resource-related areas with a track record of developing implementation plans and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
The successful team is expected to have general experience of;
- At least 5 years of combined experience on Animal Welfare issues
- Record of engagement and familiarization with relevant Animal Welfare institutions in AU member states
- Good record of working with regional institutions and specialized regional institutions dedicated to Animal Welfare
- Record of formulation of policies, strategies, and frameworks for AU member states and regional institutions in Africa
Other specific experiences which the candidate(s) must have include;
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge and familiarization with Animal Welfare issues
- Evidence of formulation of Animal Welfare Strategy at national, regional and continental levels
- Record of formulation of implementation plans and monitoring frameworks for structured rolling out of Africa and/or other tropical regions
- Record of evidence of interaction of Animal Welfare stakeholders in the continent
The application deadline is 4th Nov 2020.