The Yale Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship is a new, eight-month program that brings together a diverse group of talented young clean energy and climate leaders from emerging countries.
The Yale Emerging Climate Leaders Fellowship offers an opportunity for 16 young climate and clean energy practitioners from across the Global South to broaden their technical skills, deepen their professional networks, and exchange views with top global clean energy and climate change leaders. This new eight-month, three-part initiative based out of Yale’s International Leadership Center with partnerships throughout the university, will therefore launch in Fall 2022.
- Applicants should be between five and ten years into their professional careers, with demonstrated accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level.
- Applicants must be representatives of the Global South, as we look forward to welcoming a diverse representation from developing Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America/Caribbean.
- Climate Fellows must be available to participate in-person for two weeks of the program, which involves; The Yale Orientation week, which will run from November 28 to December 2, 2022, and the Paris Closing week, which will run from June 26 to June 30, 2023.
- Applicants must also be fluent in English.
The following criteria will be considered in the selection of eligible applicants.
- An established record of achievement in a profession linked to clean energy and climate change, as we seek to identify a diverse group of Fellows from across multiple stakeholder groups.
- A commitment to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- Demonstrated promise of a future career in leadership at both the national and potentially global level.
- An eagerness to expand and deepen professional networks and to benefit from exposure to top global leaders in clean energy and climate change.
Application deadline is August 15, 2022.