One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the belief that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
We are seeking a qualified person for the position of Communications Officer. They will facilitate the promotion of OHDI’s vision, values, and organizational activities to the public; leverage relevant traditional and social media channels, and utilize the organization’s media platforms to promote One Health information, education, advocacy messages, and opportunities.
- Improve and strengthen OHDI’s communication strategy and implement it as needed
- Manage OHDI’s digital and social media platforms – including Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and a Facebook group – with effective content development, content management, and stakeholder management
- Research, review, curate, and share One Health research reports, news, and opportunities in an engaging manner
- Collate OHDI’s programmes and organizational activities as implemented by staff and share them through media channels in a timely manner
- Support the development of technical One Health reports and spotlights
- Contribute to the development and publication of newsletters
- Host OHDI’s social media events for such as Facebook and Instagram Lives, Twitter chats, vlogging, and others
- Upon request, represent OHDI and participate in traditional media activities including radio interviews, TV appearances, and social media activities
- Other relevant duties as directed
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Competencies:
- Must have a BSc in Communications, media or the health sciences with at least 2 years of work experience and proficiency in the core job descriptions
- Must have adequate knowledge or interest in the One Health approach and be seeking to grow a career in health communications and related subjects
- Must have skills in the use of digital and social media management tools and platforms. These may include skills in basic website management, social media management, graphic design, photo editing, video editing, and newsletters (evidence of these will be requested)
- Must be comfortable working in a hybrid work mode
- Applicants should have excellent written and spoken communication skills in English. Blogging and report writing skills will be considered an advantage
- A strong sense of ethics, honesty, diligence, and the ability to pay attention to details is mandatory
- Great conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with team members, stakeholders, external collaborators, and people in a multicultural, multi-interest, multi-ethnic environment
Interested applicants should apply by completing the short form at this link.
Applications will be received on a rolling basis till March 10, 2023, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent online tests and interviews.