One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that addresses interrelated issues of human, animal, environmental, and ecosystem health through an integrated One Health approach. Our mission is rooted in the belief that public health issues are intertwined thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions. Therefore, in implementing our various activities through community-based programs, media projects, advocacy and research, and technology the core values of “One Health” is consistently integrated to achieve sustainable results in health promotion and sustainable development.
OHDI is seeking an experienced Lawyer to join our Board of Advisors for a two-year (renewable) term. Only interested candidates who are residents and have a legal practice in Nigeria are expected to apply.
- Provide legal guidance to the Board of Trustees, Board of Advisors, and the organization.
- Review the organization’s framework for Board membership, constitution, operational manuals, SOPs, and provide legal advice on compliance and strengthening the organizational systems.
- Attend Board meetings to track progress or deliberate other organizational matters. These meetings could be 2 – 4 times a year and are usually virtual.
- Structure solutions for disputes, provide support in legal issues and review legal materials.
- Review and negotiate contracts of operators, vendors, staff, and provide legal guidance in OHDI’s collaborative partnerships.
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization.
- Represent, and counsel the organization on legal matters.
Benefits of Board Membership at OHDI
- You have the opportunity to work with an organization that aligns with social impact values, where you can contribute expeditiously to improved One Health and Sustainable Development outcomes.
- You will network and build connections with other like-minded One Health professionals and advocates on the Board and within the organization, thereby joining the local and global engagements, conversations, and actions in the space.
- Through OHDI, you can further advance your career to enhance your professional skills and leverage your existing expertise in a new professional experience in the health and development space. This also offers many leadership development opportunities as you work with other professionals to strategically guide the organization.
Please note that this is a voluntary (unpaid) position, with reimbursement/payment for non-routine expenses or services, where applicable. We will review all applications on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To make an application, please complete the short form at this link