Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health nonprofit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. The organization is co-implementing the US President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S), a five-year USAID flagship malaria project managed with consortium partners Thinkwell, Banyan Global, and the Nigeria Interfaith Action Association (NIFAA). The project supports the Government of Nigeria through its agencies at the federal, state, local government areas (LGA) and community levels to reduce under-five and maternal mortality by delivering quality services for the prevention and management of malaria and its complications. PMI-S, in collaboration with SMEP and Hospitals Management Board (HMB), plans to conduct malaria diagnosis EQA in Oyo and Akwa Ibom states. They are seeking to engage two technical consultants to support the implementation of the EQA activities (one per state). The key result of this consultancy is the establishment of a state EQA team with the capacity to undertake QA/QC activities with minimal or no external support.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- A bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate degree in relevant professions such as Medical Laboratory Science, Medical Parasitology, Medical Microbiology, and Public Health.
- The candidate must possess at least 5-6 years of professional experience in malaria control programming related to diagnosis and case management.
- Must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN), and with WHO certification in Malaria Microscopy as an added advantage.
- Technical expertise in supporting malaria diagnosis quality assurance systems at the federal and state levels in Nigeria, in collaboration with State Malaria Elimination Programs and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated experience working with states on developing and implementing capacity building processes including mentoring.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages.