Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, they further expanded their operations to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security and livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities.
The candidate will be defining the strategies and coordinating the activities of Action Against Hunger in the fields of Nutrition and Health (Focusing on long term strategic direction including humanitarian operations).
Key job responsibilities will be to design, develop, and evaluate actions in the field of nutrition and health; monitor and coordinate programs in the fields of nutrition and health; manage the Nutrition and Health team in capital and field; develop and launch programs in collaboration with governmental and local agencies; represent Action Against Hunger and its positioning in the field of nutrition and health; and engage with nutrition and health sectors, the Ministry of Health, the state health departments, and other I/NGOs
Job qualifications and skills needed
- A Masters degree in Public Health, Medicine or Nursing with 7 years minimum of professional experiences with NGOs in Nutrition & Health.
- Technical expertise in nutrition & health programming with consolidated experience in project cycle management, strategy development, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Strong ability to provide technical support in the project proposal and strong skills in management and staff capacity-building.
- Excellent diplomacy, negotiation, and representation skills (nutrition & health cluster mechanisms) are required.
- A proven capacity to work in a complicated security environment would be an asset.
- Fluent spoken and written English.