The World Organisation for Animal Health (WOAH) promotes One Health as a fundamental competency for and positioning Veterinary Services as main actors in One Health. The Technical Item 88 SG/9 and accompanying Resolution explicitly underscore the need to promote the role of Veterinary Services and animal health sector as an essential component of One Health resilience. Therefore, recognizing the complex and multidisciplinary nature of the One Health approach, WOAH established a One Health Taskforce (OH-TF) in 2022 to ensure internal and external coordination of OH activities and initiatives to increase synergies and opportunities for multi-disciplinarity.
INTERNSHIP ROLE AND ACTIVITIES.
The Intern will be exposed to and receive on the job training on OH frameworks and tools and will assist in contributing to foster OH work at WOAH. Also, they will participate in the activities directed by the OH Global Coordinator, to;
- Contribute to the development of the implementation framework, M&E, Resource mobilization and communication strategies of the One Health Joint Plan of action.
- Populate and maintain the OH Taskforce SharePoint and contribute to the OH webpage.
- Engage and support the organization of specific technical activities and trainings.
- Participate in meetings of the OH Task Force, OHHLEP, the Quadripartite Secretariat and any other OH meetings and activities as needed.
- Applicants should currently be enrolled in a post-graduate academic programme
- Should major in any of the following fields of study: One Health, Veterinary Public Health, Human Public Health, Environment Health, Social Sciences, International Relations and Development, or other related fields.
The following are required of all applicants.
- Technical skills such as; Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, etc), Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Ability to synthesize and identify relevant information from large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data, etc.
- Behavioral Competencies which involves showing; interest and commitment to engage in the work and mandate of WOAH, Ability to work within short deadlines, Courtesy, effective listening skills, etc.
- Additional skills such as knowledge of one health and research activities, knowledge of French and/or Spanish which is an asset.
Application deadline is August 31, 2022.