Every quarter, Wildlife Acoustics will give away up to $5,000 worth of products to grant recipients worldwide. Recipients also have the opportunity to have their work featured on our website and social media channels.
Grant recipients must be associated with a charitable, educational or other tax-exempt organization. Consideration will be given to projects that meet the following criteria:
- Project makes significant use of wildlife vocalization recordings for data collection and/or analysis.
- The work advances scientific knowledge and contributes to long-term conservation.
- The grant would have significant impact on the success of the project.
- The application provides adequate information to facilitate project evaluation, including detailed expected outcomes and the need for bioacoustics data to support those outcomes.
- The project must begin in the same year the application is submitted (or the following year if the application is submitted in the off-season).
If you are awarded a grant, you’ll be expected to:
- Provide written acceptance of the grant and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Maintain contact with Wildlife Acoustics and provide quarterly project updates.
- When possible, acknowledge the support of Wildlife Acoustics, Inc. in any presentations, meetings, publications and/or materials resulting from the project.
- Submit a final report within two months of project completion, or that phase of the project. Refer to Reporting Guidelines for what is expected in the final report.
How to Apply
- Download the Grant Application.
- Complete all sections in English. Keep the responses to each question to 200 words.
- Include at least one letter of recommendation. You may submit up to three additional letters and/or references to bolster your application. These may be separate attachments and must be in English.
- Include a copy of the organization’s certificate/letter of tax exemption that shows tax-exempt, charitable or educational status.
- Email your completed application to Wildlife Acoustics. (Email address provided on application form.)
Application deadline is November 15, 2021.