One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to promote education, advocacy, and solutions to correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the belief that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
We seek a Finance Officer who will provide effective financial and accounting support to the organization. S/he will implement and manage various financial and accounting systems, processes, and procedures while adhering to all OHDI’s financial manual and policy as well as good accounting practices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the implementation of financial and practices including cash management, payroll, financial disbursements, ledgers, account balance management, tax remittance, tax return compilation, activity budget reviews, etc.
- Responsible for entering financial information and maintaining all financial records and receipts for projects and operations, including preparing balance sheets, processing invoices, and reconciling transactions.
- Prepare and maintain donor agreements and staff contracts, and ensure that timely financial reporting and submission to relevant stakeholders.
- Implement and manage financial internal control systems in line with the organization’s finance policy.
- Provide inputs for proposal and budget development, project management, and other areas of administration.
- Ensure completeness, proper documentation, reviews, and proper filing of all payment requests and vouchers.
- Assist with audit preparation, auditor reviews, and implementation of recommendations as directed.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 1 year of full-time work experience in accounting and/or finance
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office and ideally, working knowledge of QuickBooks
- A strong sense of ethics and honesty with attention to detail is mandatory
- Good organizational skills and the ability to keep absolute confidentiality are required.
- Must be resident in Abuja, Nigeria
How to Apply
Send your CV/Resume to email@example.com. Applications will be received on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.