CALL FOR APPLICATION: HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the evidence that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
The organization is seeking to hire a qualified Human Resource and Administration (HR/Admin) Officer who will engage the following job description, utilizing skills and innovative capacity to support OHDI organizational goals and objectives. HR & Admin Officer responsibilities include processing employee data, updating company policies and assisting in the hiring process. To be successful in this role, you should have solid organizational skills and be familiar with HR functions.
Ultimately, you will make sure all HR operations run smoothly through the following job functions:
- Review, update and maintain employee records
- Contribute to HR policies and procedures where necessary
- Update HR databases (e.g. new employees, vacation, sick leaves, etc)
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, like absences, leaves, and timesheet (as necessary)
- Establish, review and/or maintain new and existing benefit systems for health insurance, staff pension and others.
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information
- Coordinate HR meetings and training seminars as necessary
- Coordinate the staff recruitment and onboarding process for the organization
- Prepare documents for internal communications
- Provide orientations for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining company policies
- Effectively manage all virtual meeting and administrative platforms (such as Zoom, WhatsApp group, Calendly, Slack etc)
- Coordinate weekly OHDI team meeting
- Take minutes of meetings and write reports as necessary
- Other relevant duties as would be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and experience as at the time of application to be considered eligible for the position.
- At least a BSc degree in Human Resource Management or a relevant field of study. Additional certification in HR/Admin field will be an advantage
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- Basic knowledge of labor legislation in Nigeria
- Must be tech-savvy, and able to work effectively in a hybrid workplace environment with experience using MS Office tools,
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and relevant work experience in nonprofit management is preferable but experience in the private sector will also be considered.
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with a diverse set of staff, partners and stakeholders.
complete this online form on or before May 6, 2023. Applications will be received on a rolling basis, therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent online tests and interviews. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.