One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a non-profit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the evidence that public health and sustainable development issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to fill the position of Head of Programs. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing and managing all program areas within the organization which includes Public Health (comprising Zoonoses, AMR, and Food Safety), Animal Welfare, Food Security, and Environment and Conservation. He/she will work closely with the management, staff and other stakeholders to ensure that all programs are designed and implemented in alignment with the organization’s mission and vision.
- Supervise and lead program teams in a manner that supports and aligns with organizational goals as detailed in the OHDI Strategic Plan
- Initiate and lead the implementation of program and research activities to ensure successful project delivery and execution from start to finish
- Work with the M&E personnel to monitor and evaluate program performance against established goals and outcomes
- Support research projects and activities and the writing of scientific and technical reports
- Contribute to resource mobilization activities, including grants writing and public and private-sector stakeholder engagement
- Develop and manage relationships with partners and stakeholders to support program goals and sustainability
- Develop and manage program budgets, including forecasting and reporting on program finances
- Participate in the organization’s strategic planning and contribute to the development of new initiatives and opportunities
- Represent the organization and its programs to external audiences, including funders, partners, the media and at conferences
- Supports the Executive Director in ensuring the effective performance of the activities of all departments, and other additional responsibilities
- Other responsibilities as delegated by the Executive Director and the Board
- At least a graduate degree in medical, animal, health, agricultural, biological or life sciences (BSc/MD/DVM). Master’s degree qualification will be an added advantage but not required
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the One Health concept and values
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience in program management, including experience leading program teams. Program management certifications will be an added advantage
- Experience with grant management and compliance, including basic financial management
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with partners, stakeholders, and funders
- Experience with strategic planning and development of new program initiatives, while successfully executing existing ones
- Experience in operationalizing One Health or other intersectoral transdisciplinary framework or working across diverse teams would be a great asset
- May have a background in either the public or private sector, as long as they have demonstrated excellent program management and team leadership skills
- Must be resident in Nigeria, preferably Ibadan, Lagos, Ogun, or Abuja
- Self-starter and initiator with good leadership skills with the ability to motivate, develop, guide and mentor program teams
- Excellent organizational, technical, interpersonal, and writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, delegate when necessary and work within tight timelines
Expected remuneration for this position is in the range of N4,200,000 and N5,400,000, depending on experience, qualifications, and expertise.
To apply for this position, Complete this online form on or before 20th October 2023. Applications will be received on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please be aware that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for subsequent tests and interviews.