Climate change is one of the most serious threats facing our world, and Nigeria is both vulnerable as an emerging economy, and a significant contributor to global greenhouse emissions, ranking within the top three emitters in Africa for both fossil fuel emissions and emission from land-use change. Therefore, Nigeria has been identified as a potential key strategic climate partner for UK PACT and the organization could potentially play a transformative role in Nigeria by increasing the capacity and capability of Nigerian institutions to deliver climate-smart solutions in a range of areas.
This new position as a Climate Change Officer will help shape a UK PACT intervention in Nigeria and will form part of the Climate and Energy Team at the British High Commission (BHC). S/He will contribute to the development of a vision for how to grow the UK-Nigeria climate relationship and will provide direct oversight of the program of work agreed with the BEIS International Climate Finance team in London.
- University degree, preferably in Environmental Science, Climate, Public Policy or related course;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, ideally with Project/Programme management experience, preferably with international stakeholders
- The ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, and relationship skills;
- Be a flexible and creative problem-solver, able to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems, and coordinate coherent and compelling programs and projects;
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience providing administrative and logistical support;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to adjust to different audiences;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Team player, driven by values.
- Earn a monthly salary of NGN 827,892.98
The application deadline is October 6, 2020