One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a nonprofit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the evidence that public health issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
The organization is seeking to hire a well-rounded Head of Programs who would be responsible for effective initiation and management of organizational programs and supervision of the program teams to meet organizational goals. Other key duties would include resource mobilization, policy advocacy, research management, and stakeholder management. This critical senior management position reports directly to the Executive Director and by extension, OHDI Board Members.
- Supervise and lead Program teams in a manner that supports and aligns with organizational goals as detailed in the Strategic Plan
- Initiate and lead the implementation of program and research activities to ensure successful project delivery and execution from start to finish.
- Work with the M&E personnel to monitor and evaluate program performance against established goals and outcomes.
- Coordinate research projects and activities and the writing of scientific and technical reports.
- Contribute to resource mobilization activities, including grants writing and public and private sector stakeholder engagement
- Develop and manage relationships with partners and stakeholders to support program goals and sustainability.
- Develop and manage program budgets, including forecasting and reporting on program finances.
- Participate in the organization’s strategic planning and contribute to the development of new initiatives and opportunities.
- Represent the organization and its programs to external audiences, including funders, partners, the media and at conferences.
- Seconds the Executive Director in ensuring the effective performance of the activities of all departments, and other additional responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Applicants must possess the following qualifications and experience as at the time of application to be considered eligible for the position.
- At least a BSc/MD/DVM graduate degree in medical, animal, health, agricultural, biological or life sciences. Masters degree qualification will be an added advantage but not required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the One Health concept and values.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in program management, including experience leading program teams. Program management certifications will be an added advantage
- Experience with grant management and compliance, including basic financial management
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with partners and funders.
- Experience with strategic planning and development of new program initiatives, while successfully executing existing ones
- Experience in operationalizing One Health or other intersectoral transdisciplinary framework or working across diverse teams would be a great asset
- May have a background in either the public or private sector, as long as they have demonstrated excellent program management and team leadership skills
- Self-starter and initiator with good leadership skills and motivate, develop, guide and mentor program teams
- Excellent organizational, technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong budget management skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to multitask, establish priorities, delegate when necessary and work within tight timelines
- Must be resident in Nigeria
To apply, complete this online form on or before April 4, 2023. Applications will be received on a rolling basis, therefore you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for subsequent online tests and interviews. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.