One Health and Development Initiative (OHDI) is a non-profit organization that works to address correlated issues of human, animal, and environmental health using the integrated “One Health” approach. Our mission is rooted in the evidence that public health and sustainable development issues are intertwined across the human, animal, and environmental ecosystems, thereby requiring a holistic approach to effective and sustainable solutions.
Animal Welfare is one of our core areas of work which we recognize as an important contributor to One Health. In this program unit, we are promoting knowledge and building the capacity of target stakeholders on good animal welfare practices while improving their access to quality animal health services.
We are seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Program Officer (Animal Welfare). The Program Officer (Animal Welfare) will provide technical support in the advancement, management, and implementation of animal welfare projects, research, community engagement activities, and provision of animal health services.
- Provide key technical support to the implementation of OHDI’s Animal Welfare projects
- Contribute to the development of technical and scientific research reports, manuals, and other important documentation on animal welfare in the organization
- Provide an excellent representation of OHDI at relevant animal welfare programs and stakeholder meetings, events, conferences, media appearances, and other engagements
- Support in the development and implementation of animal welfare programs and initiatives
- Provide animal health/veterinary services, where necessary
- Contribute to and support resource mobilization
- Collaborate with local authorities, local and international organizations and stakeholders to promote animal welfare
- Maintain accurate records and reports on animal welfare programs/project activities
- Carry out other relevant duties as assigned
- A veterinarian or animal scientist with a valid degree and/or license to practice in Nigeria
- At least 4 years of productive working experience in animal health and welfare practices, in one or more categories of animals including companion animals, farm animals, work animals, lab animals Great conceptual, analytical, and innovative problem-solving ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Report writing ability will be considered a strong added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with team members, local and international stakeholders, external collaborators, and people in a multicultural, multi-interest, multi-ethnic environment
- Preferably reside in Ogun, Oyo, Lagos, and Abuja
- Must be proficient in a hybrid work mode
Expected remuneration for this position is in the range of N3,360,000 and N4,000,000, depending on experience, qualifications, and expertise.
To apply for this position, Complete this online form on or before 20th October 2023. Applications will be received on a rolling basis. Therefore, candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please be aware that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for subsequent tests and interviews.