International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a consultant or a team of consultants to train university staff in adult learning methods and support them to develop modules for veterinary Continuing Professional Development CPD modules.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe, and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR Research Centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world.
- Identify training and development needs for postgraduate educators
- Develop a capacity development plan for university staff involved in CPD module development
- Develop and organize training manuals on CPD module development based on modern adult learning methodologies
- Conduct ToT training in adult learning methodology in the context of CPD for 1 cohort of veterinary university staff (approx. 20 participants, expected about 12 days of training)
- Support the development of an e-learning package/on‐line training on adult learning methodologies suitable for CPD, to expand the number of university staff and veterinary educators who can be reached
- Support trainees in developing CPD modules
- Develop training follow-up and coaching strategies including learning measurement tools.
Essential skills and qualifications
- Master’s degree in veterinary medicine or a related subject
- International experience in designing and preparation of interactive, practice-based training materials in animal health
- Veterinary professional or team of professional, with relevant experience in CPD in the veterinary sector and a good understanding of veterinary services in LMICs and specifically
- International experience in designing and preparation of interactive, practice-based training materials in animal health at the graduate and post-graduate level
- Familiarity with the veterinary education and practice situation in Ethiopia or from similar contexts
- Experience in interactive instructional design, adult learning, learning delivery, and online learning management systems
Consultancy Fee: By mutual agreement based on agreed milestones and deliverables
Application Deadline: 16 October, 2020