ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Research Associate to support the social science team on participatory action research and farmer-led scaling, for climate change technologies in practice in Kenya.
- Facilitate citizen science data collection with adaptation pioneers.
- Contribute to assessment of social implications of technologies, validation, and scaling readiness.
- Support formation of adaptation pioneers’ knowledge groups and networks development.
- Facilitate participatory field days and farmer demonstration days.
- Contribute to site selection, baseline, and inventory of climate-smart technologies available in the study area.
- Identify key actors for climate-smart technology packages in study areas.
- Plan, organize and facilitate workshops for local partnership, and provide summary reports of the discussions.
- Frequent travel to farm sites, with considerable distance from main road, and
- Any other relevant duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelors with at least 3 years work experience and 1 year research experience in social sciences, development studies, extension, or equivalent experience.
- Background in social research, participation, climate change and adaptation, extension, interdisciplinary understanding of both social and basic bio-physical sciences.
- General experience in social research, climate change and adaptation, farmer-led scaling.
- Strong experience with conducting participatory research and stakeholder engagement in rural context.
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation for both basic qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Fluency in English and Swahili, and preferably also Kalenjin.
- Good communication and networking skills.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 1, 2022