One Health and Development Initiative is seeking highly motivated and compassionate Medical Doctors to join our team as ad-hoc volunteers for our community health outreaches implemented by our Public Health program area. As a volunteer, you will play a vital role in providing health services and improving the health and well-being of communities particularly in rural marginalized communities. As a volunteer, you will work closely with the project team members to ensure effective coordination and achievement of project goals.
- Provide medical advice and expertise, conduct assessments, develop treatment plans, and deliver healthcare services to individuals affected by public health issues
- Attend planning and strategy meetings prior to project execution
To be considered eligible, volunteer doctors must possess the following qualifications and experience as at the time of application:
- Medical degree (MBBS) and valid license to practice in Nigeria
- Experience or strong interest in public health, particularly in Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs), AMR, WASH and Food Safety
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in rural/remote environments
- Commitment to promoting health equity and social justice
- Ability to speak and understand Yoruba fluently will be an added advantage as most of our current activities are based in the south-west region of Nigeria
Please note that a stipend to cover transport and other logistics will be provided on a needs basis.
To apply, complete this online form on or before July 31, 2023. Applications will be received on a rolling basis; therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please be aware that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interactive session.