Jana Robeyst Trust Fund (JRTF) wishes to support scientists financially on a small scale owing to the fact that it is often difficult for researchers to find funding for small projects. This gives opportunity to fund travel to a seminar and the purchase of equipment. JRTF provides financial resources to early career scientists/conservationists and non-profit organizations to carry out vital field conservation and research work in Africa.
Grant award of €1500
- The JRTF aims to provide relatively small levels of funding for ongoing projects or pilot programmes with a clear conservation value.
- This funding program is open to individuals or organizations for projects in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Projects related to the conservation of mammals and especially (forest) elephants are supported.
- Applicants can be based anywhere in the world.
- Travel costs for presentation of the project at a conference, or participation to workshop/training program will also be considered.
- Pure research will not be funded.
- Research project will be considered if they demonstrate applied benefit to conservation and/or target an identified conservation need.
- Office equipment and participation to internship and volunteer program will not be considered unless they are essential in completing field work or benefit an identified conservation need
The application deadline is on 30th April 2021