The online One Health Summer Institute is established by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Calgary. The Institute aims to provide learners an opportunity to explore the concept of One Health and to build on their disciplinary expertise which will enable them to contribute meaningfully to transdisciplinary teams.
The One Health summer institute consists of six courses/ themes:
- Foundations of One Health
- Setting a Foundation for Community-Engaged Research with Indigenous peoples
- Water/Wastewater: “A Tale of Two Watersheds”
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Principles of Biostatistics
- Entrepreneurial Thinking in One Health
Format of Delivery
- Online – Synchronous
- The courses use Desire2Learn (D2L), an online learning management system. The instructors will post the course outline and other materials in D2L.
- Sessions will be held on Zoom web conferencing software.
Admission and fees
- One Health Summer Institute courses are available to students from all levels and disciplines, and also to professionals and adult learners interested in One Health from all over the world.
- You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be admitted. Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma and relevant work experience are recommended.
- The courses will be offered in English and we recommend learners to be proficient in English.
- Course fees vary. Please refer to each course page for more information.