The world organization for animal health (OIE) is an intergovernmental organization responsible for improving animal health worldwide. The OIE is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes applications of all qualified candidates.
This Opportunity enables the employee (Regional veterinary officer) to contribute actively in the implementation of OIE regional programmes relating to animal disease prevention and control, including aquatic animal diseases, laboratory capacity building and veterinary biologics.
MISSION AND ACTIVITIES
- Provision of support to OIE members in the region.
- Implementation of projects and activities under the OIE aquatic animal health strategy.
- Provision of background documents, meeting reports and other working documents needed.
- Contribute to regional project coordination.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc) in veterinary science, veterinary medicine, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in veterinary public health, aquatic animal health or relevant fields, etc.
- Additional experience in knowledge of OIE terrestrial and aquatic animal health code.
- Technical skills that includes excellent command of English, both written and oral.
- Interpersonal skills which includes excellent communication skills and organizational skills, with strong ability to establish priorities and multi task.
- Possessing additional skills with the knowledge of software and social media tools.
Application deadline is May 13, 2022.