African Center of Excellence for Genomics of Infectious Diseases (ACEGID) is building and deploying Sentinel: a pandemic preemption system that detects viral threats in real-time and by way of checkups in rural clinics, allowing us to stop infectious diseases before they spread. In addition to the Sentinel, the ACEGID conducts a myriad of clinical and laboratory research studies at each of our project sites, including several studies on the characterization of acute febrile illness and respiratory illness, the incidence of viral hemorrhagic fevers including Lassa, and surveillance of zoonotic diseases. Some of these studies involve the enrollment and active follow-up of research participants.
The Site Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing support, managerial oversight and coordination of the projects and ensure its smooth day-to-day operation. This individual will provide regular updates of the operations, logistics and laboratory activities ongoing at the site. The Project Coordinator will track the project milestones and manage the relationship between the project team, the study leadership and the hospital management. The Project Coordinator will relate cordially with the study PIs, and ensure all potential risks and timelines are managed. Location is Ondo State, Nigeria.
Main duties / key responsibilities:
- Work with project staff to document and facilitate understanding of project plans and goals related to project scope, quality, timeline, and cost
- Anticipate obstacles and implement mitigating strategies
- Create plans for monitoring and reporting progress; includes preparation of periodic review reports for funding agencies and collaborators
- Plan and track logistics for performance of studies
- Actively work with collaborators to improve project infrastructure and management
- Prepare, submit, and keep up-to-date all IRB/MTA/DUA approvals for projects
- Oversee and keep up-to-date lab safety and human subjects certifications for research study staff.
- Oversee sample and data management and other project documentation.
- Implement and maintain quality control and assurance measures at the site.
- Monitor procurement and maintain financial oversight of on-site project spending.
- University degree in a relevant field (Life Sciences, Global/Public Health, etc.)
- Advanced degree (MSc, MPH, PhD) in a relevant field, preferred.
- 2-3 years of site (facility) level research and/or public health coordination experience required
- Experience coordinating cohort studies, clinical trials or interventional research studies preferred.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be adaptable and able to manage multiple tasks and personnel simultaneously
- Must have the ability to interact with an interdisciplinary group including international collaborators, global health researchers, research scientists, and data analysts
- Experience in global health or genetics desired
- Experience in managing funder/sponsor relations desired
The Application deadline is 15th January 2021.